Saturday, June 04, 2005

Not very happy...

This is it: I am officially a victim of bash scripting and have reached a new low in hacke status.
I hve been mucking around with a bash script for burning DVDs of my MythTV recordings. I wrote before that I really like the script, buthte problem with it is that it is written specifically for KnoppMyth. I've ported it to "proper" Myth once before, but this time I thought I would do something that could be distributed to other distros then Gentoo as well.

To make a long story short, in one of the scripts i inherited, there is a line
rm -R $dir/*
which was fine, until I started thinking that this is incomple and changed the name in the setup file I introduced. Now $dir was undefined... and I managed to stop it just *after* it completed /bin...

It is of some comfort that I have posted most of the tricky parts of my setup on misc lists and on this blog. I don't think getting back will be that hard, but then there is the compile time of Gentoo.

I am seriosly thinking about moving to a binary distro, although I know I would go fairly quickly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Alex Cooks said...

Loved reading this thank youu

2:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home