Thursday, February 03, 2005

Not sure I like my tuner...

For some time now, I have been trying to get the d.{2}n PVR-350 card to tune to the channels I specified, but all I get is something that resembles a snowy day in the northern part of Sweden. [That is, white dots on a pitch black surface for peaple who have not heard about what lore says about Swedish winter]. I thought that my channels were wrong and have basically tried everything to get it to find a working channel.

Now, I found something in the MythTV Troubleshooting section....
I have a PVR 350 with a Philips FM1216 ME MK3 (idx = 57, type = 38) tuner and no matter what I try, I can only capture snow...


This sounded familiar so I checked, and sure enough, my tuner is type 38. The manual continued:

For some odd reason you have to mention an extra module (tda9887) to the modules.conf file. For example:

options ivtv ivtv_std=2 tda9887=0
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 saa7127 tda9887


Wow! Now I can acctually see the channels in mplayer when I tune. The output is that of a mistuned TV (black and white and rolling over the screen), but still.. better than snow!!
Another post said suggested I should play with tda9887=0 / tda9887=1. Worth a try!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home