Monday, January 31, 2005

One should really read the instructions once in a while..

I got at tip that the problems I'm having with the screen being larger than the physical TV screen is acctually something that you should be able to fix quite easilly in the MythTV settings.
Chaning the overscan in the display section in MythTV seems like a good solution for this situation.

Sometimes it might be a good idea to have a look at the documentation... :-)

This morgin, I tried to show my girlfriend the status of the MythTV project (since it worked perfectly the day before). I started the machine and the screen was a mess. There must be something wrong with the framebuffer loading. It seems a bit silly that MythTV is auto-loaded when I start KDM manually through ssh, but not when I get it to run as a part of the boot sequence. Maybe the console is trying to use the same framebuffer? I'll have to debug this when I get home.

BTW, i have taken some pictures of the progress of the box.. will be posted as soon as I get them on photobucket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home